Elektrische C30 gepresenteerd

De volledig elektrische XC40, eerder bekend als Recharge
Ben
Executive Member
Contacteer:

Dit nieuws voorlopig in het Engels

It looks like a regular Volvo C30 and it features the very same safety, comfort and space as the standard car. The difference is that it is powered solely by electricity, entirely without exhaust emissions, and has a range of up to 150 kilometres.

Volvo Cars' ambitious electrification strategy has quickly produced concrete results. In addition to the market introduction of a plug-in hybrid in 2012, work is currently under way on evaluating the viability of an entirely electric-powered car known as a BEV (Battery Electric Vehicle).

In 2009, a small number of prototype versions of the C30 BEV have been built and tested internally by Volvo. In addition to focusing on performance and safety, much of the focus is on integration of the electric propulsion system with the rest of the car.

"The Volvo C30 is the first model we will try out with electric power. This car's excellent properties in city traffic and its relatively low weight make it particularly suitable, since electric cars are primarily expected to be used in and around cities and for daily commuting," says Lennart Stegland, Director of Volvo Cars Special Vehicles.

Technical solution

Electricity is highly suitable as a fuel for passenger cars. It is the superior energy efficiency of the electric motor compared with the combustion engine which suggests that electric cars will become increasingly common in the future as fuel prices rise and demands for low CO2 emissions become ever more stringent.

The Volvo C30 BEV is powered with a Litium-Ion battery that is charged via a regular power socket found in most homes.

Recharging an entirely depleted battery via the regular household power supply system (230V, 16A) will take about eight hours. If the car is charged with renewable electricity this means that emissions - all the way from electricity production to its use out on the road - will in principle be non-existent.

The electric motor is housed under the bonnet, just like the engine in a conventional car. One of the priorities within the BEV project is to find the optimal placing of the battery. Most likely is the prop shaft tunnel and the place where the fuel tank normally is located the best places. These locations are within the car's optimised crumple zone in the most common collision scenarios. Since the car runs solely on electricity, it requires a larger battery with higher capacity (24 kWh) than in the case of the plug-in hybrid (12 kWh).

Battery capacity
The C30 BEV is limited to a top speed of about 130 kilometres an hour, which will be more than sufficient for most users of this type of car. Acceleration from 0 to 100 kilometres an hour will take less than 11 seconds. The car will have a range of up to 150 kilometres. This range is longer and far better than the distance 90 percent of all Europe's motorists drive per day.

The same safety standards as always
Volvo Cars imposes the very same high safety standards on all its products irrespective of the type of fuel or power source used. Volvo's safety dedication is always focused on the human being and is based on solid know-how of real-life traffic situations. What is more, comprehensive in-house tests are carried out both virtually and in Volvo's highly advanced crash-test laboratory. If Volvo chooses to introduce an entirely new type of electric car on the market, it will be just as safe as any other car bearing the Volvo badge.

Volvo has theoretically identified all the electrification-related safety scenarios in the stages before, during and after a collision. After careful study of these scenarios, the company's engineers will create solutions for handling each and every situation identified, guaranteeing that any future electric cars fully match Volvo's renowned safety standards in every respect.

Market potential
Volvo Cars' main electrification track over the coming decades is plug-in hybrids. This applies in particular to the company's larger car models. The combination of electric motor and combustion engine is the solution that probably has the greatest potential from both the technical and commercial viewpoints. Plug-in hybrids offer long range, good environmental performance and at the same time limited dependence on expensive battery technology.

There are several factors that determine how successful dedicated electric cars will be in the future:

"The consumer must feel that this type of car is attractive both to drive and own. In order to ensure this, we feel that electric cars will have to be as comfortable and safe and offer similar levels of performance as cars with other power sources. The learning from the C30 BEV project will help us to fulfil all these criteria and showcase Volvo's determination to drive developments in the field of electrification," says Paul Gustavsson, Director of Electrification Strategy at Volvo Cars.
Je hebt niet voldoende permissies om de bijlagen van dit bericht te bekijken.
Volvohistorie: 244-245-440-850-V70-V70-S60-XC70-XC70-245-S70-V70
michel-C30
3rd Gear member

Volvo heeft de facelift van de C30 aangegrepen om een elektrische concept-car te tonen. Met deze C30 BEV wil het Zweedse merk peilen of de marktintroductie van een elektrische auto haalbaar is.
De elektrische C30 heeft een actieradius van 150 kilometer. De elektromotor wordt gevoed door lithium-ion accu’s. De topsnelheid van de C30 BEV is 130 kilometer per uur en de sprint naar 100 kilometer per uur kost 11 seconden. De C30 BEV deelt techniek met de Ford Focus BEV, die op de IAA in Frankfurt te bewonderen is.
Via een conventioneel stopcontact duurt het acht uur om de elektrische C30 op te laden. Volvo wil kijken of de introductie van een elektrische auto levensvatbaar is. De Zweden denken van wel, omdat de actieradius groter is dan de afstand die 90 procent van de Europeanen dagelijks aflegt.
Volvo komt in 2012 sowieso al met een plug-in hybride op de markt. Het merk heeft een plug-in hybride op basis van de V70 gepresenteerd, maar een woordvoerder vertelde ons dat de productieauto in ieder geval niet die stationwagon als basis heeft. Wel wilde de Zweed kwijt dat de plug-in hybride vanaf 2012 in Zweden van de band rolt, wat erop duidt dat de auto de XC90 of de S80 als basis krijgt.

autoweek

Afbeelding

Wat zal dat rode schildpadje rechts betekenen?
Volvo 340 special aut.86
Volvo 340 1.7 88
volvo 480 turbo 90
volvo 480 gt turbo 94
Volvo S40 2.0 T 2003
Volvo C30 T-5 R-design 2008
M@rcel
6th Gear member

Rode schildpad? Zoiets als:

PAS OP, u rijdt te langzaam. En dat de auto vanzelf gas/stroom bijgeeft als je het zelf niet doet?

Edit: De rechtse meter is ook nogal spectaculair met de 0 tussen de 1 en de 2...
Henrico
2nd Gear member

en moet een elekrische ook voorgloeien?
XC40 T4 Momentum Amazon Blue met Solid White dak en spiegelkappen.
previously:
V60 D4 Ocean Race Edition, MY2015
Ocean Race Blue
V50 D2 (2007 Sapphire Black & 2011 Barentz Blue)
Okke
4th Gear member

Haha,

Ik neem aan dat rechts van de 0 de opname van het vermogen is tijdens gebruik, en links van de 0 het terugvoeren van stroom bij snelheidsafname (remmen?). Wel bijzonder dat de schaal links oneven is en rechts even qua becijfering.

Verder: Van mij mag ie. Is precies wat ik nodig heb voor mijn woon-werk.
V40
Paul
Top Gear member

Ik wil hem ook wel, maar dan voor mijn vriendin! Dus Volvo kom maar op! Ga het wel testen!
MY08 C30 1.6D Summum / MY09 C30 1.6D DrivE Sport / MY11 V50 D2 / MY13 C30 D2 R-Edition / MY16 V40 D2 R-Design / MY14 V60 D6 Plug-in-Hybrid Ice White /MY16 V70 D4 Polar+ Magic Blue / MY17 V60 D5 Twin Engine Special Edition Ice White / MY13 C30 D2 R-Edition / MY19 V90 T4 Business Sport / MY20 E-Golf
MY20 XC60 T4 Polestar Engineered R-Design

MY23 Polestar 2 Snow, Pilot, 20inch
MY23 XC40 Pure Electric Plus
Volvoman
7th Gear member
Contacteer:

plaatje van de buitenkant van de BEV

(wel gek dat ze het oude model daarvoor gebruikten)
Je hebt niet voldoende permissies om de bijlagen van dit bericht te bekijken.
Bert-Jan Nijhuis
VOLVO V60 T5 Inscription Pebble Grey MY2019
VOLVO MODEL CARS op Facebook en Instagram
Paul
Top Gear member

Nee want hier zijn ze natuurlijk al langer mee aan het werk en daar worden testen etc mee gedaan. Dan valt dat opeens erg op en spot iedereen een nieuwe C30 terwijl hij pas veel later uit moest komen...
MY08 C30 1.6D Summum / MY09 C30 1.6D DrivE Sport / MY11 V50 D2 / MY13 C30 D2 R-Edition / MY16 V40 D2 R-Design / MY14 V60 D6 Plug-in-Hybrid Ice White /MY16 V70 D4 Polar+ Magic Blue / MY17 V60 D5 Twin Engine Special Edition Ice White / MY13 C30 D2 R-Edition / MY19 V90 T4 Business Sport / MY20 E-Golf
MY20 XC60 T4 Polestar Engineered R-Design

MY23 Polestar 2 Snow, Pilot, 20inch
MY23 XC40 Pure Electric Plus
MDA
5th Gear member

Ik ben heel eerlijk gezegd niet heel erg onder de indruk... Vooral de accucapaciteit en actieradius vallen toch best wel tegen. Zeker als je dat vergelijkt met een Tesla Roadster oid.

Verder vind ik de plaatsing van de accupacks ook niet bijzonder inventief: je kunt die dingen overal kwijt, en het hoeft niet in een blok bij elkaar (zoals een benzinetank). Waarom dan toch dat als 1 groot blok neerzetten op de plek van de benzinetank? waarom niet plat over de gehele vloer van de auto?
V40 phI 2.0 16v, vol leder, airco, VDO nav, Roofrails en bekrast door een stuk tuig!
Johann
5th Gear member
Contacteer:

Zal wel met crash protectie te maken hebben.
V480-S60
8th Gear member

Dit is een typische woon/werk auto. In 85% van de gevallen kan ik hier goed mee vooruit komen.

Maar nu het probleem. Thuis kan ie niet aan de stroom, moet te vaak ver van mijn voordeur parkeren.
Voor caravan trekken is deze ten enenmale ongeschikt.

Maar neemt niet weg dat ik dit zeker een goede zet vind.
VOLVO FOR LIFE
440 1.7 Base, 1990 (12-93 tm 11-97)
440 TD, Wit, 1994 (11-97 tm 5-00)
480 Turbo, Rood, 1990 (5-00 tm 6-01)
440 1.8i, Flame Red, 1995 (3-03 tm 12-03)
V40 1.9D, 115 PK, Desert Wind, 2000 (12-03 tm 1-07)
S60 D5 Edition II, Black Stone, 2002 (2-07 tm 6-09)
480 GT, 2.0, Flame red, 1995 (6-01 tm 9-13)
S60 D5 Momentum, Magic Blue, 2005 (6-09 tm 9-13)
V70 2.5T AWD Kinetic, Black Sapphire, 2005 (9-13 tm 6-18)

XC60 3.0 T6 Summum, Terra Bronze, 2009, 236.000 kms (6-18 tm ..)
Mike Philippens
3rd Gear member

V480-S60 schreef:Dit is een typische woon/werk auto. In 85% van de gevallen kan ik hier goed mee vooruit komen.

Maar nu het probleem. Thuis kan ie niet aan de stroom, moet te vaak ver van mijn voordeur parkeren.
Voor caravan trekken is deze ten enenmale ongeschikt.
Allemaal zaken die oplosbaar zijn. En hij is sowieso als vakantieauto ongeschikt. Maar dat is niet het eerste doel. We staan nog aan het begin van de ontwikkeling en dus moet eerst datgene worden aangepakt wat het meest zinvolle is. Momenteel zou ik het wel redden met een elektrieke auto. Als deze ontwikkeling doorzet, krijg je vanzelf oplaadpunten. Ik heb een tijd in Den Haag gewerkt (vanuit Gorinchem) en als ik dan een oplaadpunt in Den Haag zou hebben, is het prima te doen. Wat snelheid betreft maakt het geen ros uit. Als ik ga tanken zie ik nooit meer dan 60kmh als gemiddelde snelheid staan.
De boel kan op een gegeven moment goed gestimuleerd worden door een flink aantal parkeerplaatsen op goede lokaties neer te zetten, speciaal voor elektrische auto's waar ze dan meteen kunnen opladen. Bijvoorbeeld in de binnenstad van A'dam. Want daar proberen ze juist de auto uit te jagen vanwege het lawaai en de vervuiling (waarom ze dan de 2taktmotor/brommers/scooters niet verbieden is mij een raadsel).

Ik denk dat het dan wel van de grond zal komen. Je moet ergens beginnen. Ik ben benieuwd hoe we over 20 jaar rondrijden...
Afbeelding
michel-C30
3rd Gear member

Volvo reveals plug-in diesel car
Monday, 28th September, 2009
Volvo is the latest firm to unveil plans for a new eco-friendly vehicle.

The company has revealed details for its plug-in diesel hybrid, which it is hoped will be on sale within the next three years.

It will be able to cover around 31 miles on battery power alone, with motorists able to switch to the diesel engine once this distance has been reached.

This will give the car a combined range of 745 miles.

It will also be able to boast fuel consumption of up to 124mpg and emissions of 496/km.

Stephen Odell, president and chief executive officer for the company, commented: "Our new plug-in Volvo will be a truly enjoyable car to drive, featuring high safety and comfort standards."

He added that the vehicle will have emission and consumption figures that are "as low as half that available on the market today".

It is thought that a full battery charge will take around five hours, however, additional electricity will be generated each time that a driver brakes.

Last week, it was revealed that Porsche is working on an electric car which it hopes to release onto the market within the next ten years.

This story has been supplied by a third party and as such its content may not reflect the views of the Environmental Transport Association
Volvo 340 special aut.86
Volvo 340 1.7 88
volvo 480 turbo 90
volvo 480 gt turbo 94
Volvo S40 2.0 T 2003
michel-C30
3rd Gear member

Afbeelding
Volvo 340 special aut.86
Volvo 340 1.7 88
volvo 480 turbo 90
volvo 480 gt turbo 94
Volvo S40 2.0 T 2003
Ben
Executive Member
Contacteer:

While at the LA Auto Show in November, TTAC was invited by Volvo to sample the Volvo C30 electric concept car. More a pre-production than concept, the C30 electric will supposedly hit the streets as a 2012 model-year car. So what does the Chinese-Swedish brand, known more for safety than drivetrain innovations, have in store for the electric market? I’m happy to report that the answer is: nothing out of the ordinary.

During our quick 30 minutes spent with the C30 electric and Lennart Stegland, president of Volvo Special Vehicles, the first thing that strikes you about the C30 electric is how normal it is. While Nissan dressed the Leaf in some funky new duds, classily conservative Volvo has “simply electrified” the existing C30. Of course that makes the task sound far simpler than it is as nearly every part of the C30 except the cosmetic items had to be re-engineered to accommodate the 110HP electric drivetrain.

Obviously all electric cars are crash tested, but I have never seen quite the focus on safety that Volvo has brought to the electric car game. Even the formulation of the Lithium-Ion battery has been changed to make the battery unit behave more safely in a collision. Lennart explained that the C30 electric will be just as safe as the C30 which already gets high marks for crash performance.

Out on the road the C30 feels like a golf cart. I was told by Lennart that this was insulting (my apologies), but I have to say that for the average American, a golf cart is the only frame for reference we have for an electric vehicle, so it’s not intended as an insult. What do I mean by a golf cart? Well, the power delivery is seamless and acceleration is extremely linear. Because of the way the C30 electric is programmed, the regenerative braking takes effect as soon as you let off the go pedal reducing the need in normal traffic for using the brake pedal. Fortunately there is a “sailing” mode that disables regenerative braking entirely making the car feel more “normal.” I’m sure it would be easy to get used to this behavior, but at the same time I wish there was a middle option with light regenerative braking. Other than the aggressive regeneration, the 30 drives just like a gasoline C30 when it comes to the curves. I had some limited chances to take it briskly around turns, and despite gaining weight (260lbs) due to the 24 kWh battery pack (from EnerDel) the C30 feels well composed. The C30 electric will never be a hot hatch, but performance is certainly on par with most compact gasoline vehicles available in the US.

Afbeelding

Interior quality is high as we have come to expect from Volvo. I could only wish that the Volvo P1 platform interior is scheduled for a serious refresh for 2012 since the S40/V50/C30/C70 interior has been with us for some years. It’s not a bad interior; it’s actually quite competitive even still in terms of fit and finish and design. But change is lovely and after driving the 2011 S60 for a week I am anxious to see what could be done to bring the C30 interior up to date.

Afbeelding

Driving range on the C30 electric is expected to be 100 miles according to Lennart. In reality this will vary between 80 and 120 miles depending on your driving style and the weather. It stands to reason that as lithium battery technology improves we should see models with ranges more compatible with American driving styles. My personal daily commute is 82 miles round trip (including going over a 2,200ft mountain pass from sea level) would tax the range of the C30. Round-trip commutes fewer than 60 miles should be free from range-anxiety, but it is still a concern. Since longer commutes are more typical of the American driver than the European driver, I expect adoption rates to be low on this side of the pond until we see a model with a true 200 mile range. Not helping the issue at all is the charging time of any electric vehicle. At 110V it would take almost an entire day to charge any of the all-electric vehicle available or planned for release in the next few years. Unless you have a 220V outlet in your garage or access to a fast charge station (440V) at work, don’t expect to drive to the maximum of your range on a daily basis. For the most part, apartment dwellers need not apply.

It’s good to know Volvo is sticking with the pack on electric car technology; Volvo missed the hybrid bandwagon last decade, but if the C30 electric is any indication is may just be a viable alternative for the urbanite hat has a second set of wheels for road trips. Meanwhile we’re lobbying Volvo for a longer term C30 electric loaner. Stay tuned.

Bron: http://www.thetruthaboutcars.com/2010/1 ... vo-c30-ev/
Rob Bakker
5th Gear member

Ben benieuwd hoe en wat wanneer deze op de markt komt voor het publiek.
Volvoman
7th Gear member
Contacteer:

lijkt tegelijk met de V60 ontwikkeld te zijn?
Bert-Jan Nijhuis
Ben
Executive Member
Contacteer:

Dat lijkt me logisch
Volvoman
7th Gear member
Contacteer:

Ben schreef:Dat lijkt me logisch
maar waarom dan zo'n ophef over de V60 en zero over de C30? Ik heb tenminste nog geen persbericht gezien..
Bert-Jan Nijhuis
fmeesters
1st Gear member

Vorige week heeft Engadget een video van een test met de elektrische C30 online gezet:

http://www.engadget.com/2011/03/25/volv ... ive-video/
Volvo S40 T4 ('99)
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “EX40”