The Volvo V60 Polestar becomes safest ever WTCC safety car

In dit board alle berichten over Volvo Polestar / Cyan Racing. Races in de STCC en WTCC
Plaats reactie
Ben
Executive Member
Contacteer:

The Volvo V60 Polestar becomes safest ever WTCC safety car

The Volvo V60 Polestar becomes the world’s safest safety car in a new long-term agreement with the FIA World Touring Car Championship, starting in the season-opening WTCC Race of France at Circuit Paul Ricard on April 1-3rd.
The Volvo V60 Polestar Safety Car, specifically modified with mandatory safety equipment, and its crew, which consists of a driver and observer, will lead the WTCC field ahead of the races and during incidents.

“It was an easy decision to start a cooperation with the WTCC on the Official Safety Car. This allows us to close the circle from track to road by showcasing customers the take-home alternative of our racing car technology in the form of the Volvo V60 Polestar Safety Car, at the same time being part of the vital and extensive safety work of the championship,” said Alexander Murdzevski Schedvin, Head of Motorsport at Polestar.
The Volvo V60 Polestar Safety Car is equipped with a roll cage, rescue and communication equipment in order to meet the rigorous technical and safety requirements set by the FIA and WTCC promoter Eurosport Events.

“Last October we welcomed Polestar’s long-term commitment to the WTCC as a manufacturer. Now we welcome Polestar as the new Official Safety Car partner of the WTCC, an exclusive opportunity which will allow them to promote their extremely safe and high-performing V60 Polestar flagship model around the world,” said François Ribeiro, Head of Eurosport Events.
Developed from 20 years of motorsport experience, the Volvo V60 Polestar, awarded a five-star safety rating by Euro NCAP, has been extensively engineered to deliver an engaging, precise and confident driving experience in all weathers with input from factory Polestar Cyan Racing drivers Thed Björk, Robert Dahlgren and Fredrik Ekblom.

Polestar, the performance brand of Volvo Cars, enters the FIA World Touring Car Championship this season with Cyan Racing, the motorsport partner to Polestar, in a multi-year programme with two newly developed Volvo S60 Polestar TC1 race cars, based on the Volvo S60 and V60 Polestar road cars.

The WTCC season consists of 12 race weekends on four continents across the world with manufacturers such as Citroën and Honda, in the fight for the prestigious World Title of touring car racing.
Je hebt niet voldoende permissies om de bijlagen van dit bericht te bekijken.
Volvohistorie: 244-245-440-850-V70-V70-S60-XC70-XC70-245-S70-V70
BlackcurrantV70
7th Gear member

Zondag is het WTCC te zien op Eurosport 1

Ben benieuwd !
Nu:
S90 D4 MY18 8 speed GT Inscription, Osmium Grey, blond/offblack interieur, Polestar Engineered.
C70 D3 MY11 6 speed GT , Twilight bronze, umbra/calcite leder, professional business pack, etc...

Vroeger:
XC70 D3 AWD MY12 6 speed GT, summum + enkele opties Twilight Bronze, offblack/blond
XC60 D3 AWD MY11 6 speed GT Summum + Xenium pack Black sapphire/offblack
V70 24D 163PK MY06 6 speed GT, Blackcurrant pearl
C70 20d MY10 Powershift magic Blue pearl
240 GL Estate MY87 6cyl diesel 300.000km
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Polestar Cyan racing”