Nieuws uit de STTC (Engelstalig)

In deze rubriek praat je over alles wat met de Volvo Oceanrace, circuitracen en Volvo's te maken heeft.
Plaats reactie
Ben
Executive Member
Contacteer:

The 2009 Swedish Touring Car Championship season opened this weekend at Mantorp Park.
The premiere turned in to a real treat for all Volvo fans. The Volvo team Polestar with drivers Robert Dahlgren and Tommy Rustad took command right away. Dahlgren claimed pole position and Rustad qualified to a second position on the starting grid. The race itself was equally impressive.
The Volvo drivers defended their positions through Mantorps infamous start corner and continued to pull away lap after lap. Fourteen laps later, Volvo had a double victory in the bag. Dahlgren won and Rustad took second place.
Volvohistorie: 244-245-440-850-V70-V70-S60-XC70-XC70-245-S70-V70
eddy3
4th Gear member

Fantastisch nieuws!
Zal deugd doen!
Johann
5th Gear member
Contacteer:

Race twee starten vanaf plaats 7 en 8. Dahlgren uitgevallen, Rustad 4de geworden.

En Johann was er bij!! :thumbright:

Afbeelding

Afbeelding

STCC en ook WTCC auto's hebben inbouwde krik of wel Air jacks.

Vlak voor de eerste race toen de auto's op de grid stonden explodeerde een van deze jacks in Dahlgren's auto. Resulaat, de hele voorruit aan diggelen. Plankband bleef de hele race zitten, race twee zat er een nieuwe ruit op maar lang hadden ze er helaas geen profijt van.
Ben
Executive Member
Contacteer:

Mooi zo'n reporter ter plaatse !!
Ga je elke race of was dit een eenmalige actie Johann?
Volvohistorie: 244-245-440-850-V70-V70-S60-XC70-XC70-245-S70-V70
Johann
5th Gear member
Contacteer:

Zat toevallig net die week in Zweden dus hebben we het programma ietsje aangepast om toch op tijd bij de race te kunnen zijn. Het bezoek aan de Polestar werkplaats was gewoon mazzel. Echt klasse van die firma dat we tussen alle hektiek door gewoon even bij de auto's mochten kijken. Hele aardige mensen. Na ons bezoek aan de werkplaats kwamen ze bij de race ook nog naar ons toe lopen om even een babbeltje te maken ondanks het feit dat er heel veel heel belangrijke sponsoren rond liepen. Echt klasse!
michel-C30
3rd Gear member

Robert Dahlgren zijn tijdens het WTCC-weekend van Brands Hatch in actie komen in de Volvo C30. De Zweed krijgt in Groot-Brittannië mogelijk Martin Brundle als teamgenoot.
Racen
De 29-jarige Dahlgren rijdt op dit moment in het Zweeds Touring Car Championship voor Polestar Racing Team. Bovendien reed hij de afgelopen seizoenen met zijn Volvo enkele WTCC-races.

rtl4.nl
Volvo 340 special aut.86
Volvo 340 1.7 88
volvo 480 turbo 90
volvo 480 gt turbo 94
Volvo S40 2.0 T 2003
Volvo C30 T-5 R-design 2008
Volvoman
7th Gear member
Contacteer:

Sep 13, 2009

Björk ruins the race of the season for Dahlgren

Messy STCC weekend at Ring Knutstorp

The second to last STCC race of the season took place this weekend at Ring Knutstorp. A weekend that easily qualifies in the top as the messiest of the season. Volvos team Polestar Racing and driver Robert Dahlgren were just a lap from completing the most spectacular race of the season - to win a race from last on the grid. Then came Thed Björk.

Dahlgren qualified in pole but was forced to retire in heat one, while in lead, with a broken gearbox. This meant he had to start the second race from the very last spot on the grid. From this last position, Dahlgren managed to pass seventeen cars working his way up behind the race leader Thed Björk in BMW. Two laps from the end, Dahlgren initiated overtaking Björk in the first corner after the start and finish straight. Dahlgren is on the inside and a half car length ahead exiting the corner when Björk steered in to Dahlgren. Björk hits Dahlgren's left front wheel and breaks his track rod. Dahlgren, left without steering, goes straight out in the gravel where he gets stuck. Björk falls back too and finishes ninth.

"Incredibly frustrating. This would have easily been the race of my life. I do not understand how Björk and his team are reasoning. I passed the complete field without an incident, but every time I am close to a BMW from Flash Engineering, I end up with a problem. If they don't hit me in the start, they hit me when I try to pass" says a disappointed Robert Dahlgren.

Beyond this incident, Tommy Rustad was also affected by several crashes which the race stewards still have not resolved. At this time, it seems that Rustad will at least accumulate seven points and would thereby shadow championship leader Thed Björk with a maximum of seven points for the finale. Robert Dahlgren was left without points this weekend.

"This is very disappointing. Unfortunately, the teams and the drivers have learned that this behavior can be rewarding. When Thed Björks team mate, Jan Nilsson, pushed Dahlgren off track in the start at Karlskoga, we filed a protest. This was rejected and could not be appealed. Now Dahlgren is hit again and ends up with another ruined race" says Christian Dahl, Team Manager for Volvos team Polestar Racing.

Descriptions and facts in this press material relate to Volvo Cars' international car range. Described features might be optional. Vehicle specifications may vary from one country to another and may be altered without prior notification. Registered Office Göteborg, Sweden
Registration No. 556074-3089
Bert-Jan Nijhuis
VOLVO V60 T5 Inscription Pebble Grey MY2019
VOLVO MODEL CARS op Facebook en Instagram
Volvoman
7th Gear member
Contacteer:

met de foto
Je hebt niet voldoende permissies om de bijlagen van dit bericht te bekijken.
Bert-Jan Nijhuis
VOLVO V60 T5 Inscription Pebble Grey MY2019
VOLVO MODEL CARS op Facebook en Instagram
Frederik Welvaert
5th Gear member

Damn zeg, dat is spijtig! De race als laatste starten, heel de race jezelf opwerken naar de eerste plaats en als je de eerste passeert eruit geknikkert worden door hem zodat je de finish niet haalt en dus het weekend afsluit met 0 punten... [-X BMW
1995 Volvo 965 B6254S automaat
MY10 XC60 2.4D AWD Geartronic - Rica/Volvotune - VolvoTech Garmin GPS + RV cam
MY05 V50 2.0D
Johann
5th Gear member
Contacteer:

STCC: Tommy Rustad is the new champion

Volvo took a clean sweep of the Swedish Touring Car Championship finale. Tommy Rustad took the title, Robert Dahlgren won the race and Polestar Racing secured the team championship title.
"I am very proud to win the biggest championship in Scandinavia as a Norwegian," said Rustad.

By TouringCarTimes Saturday, 26 September 2009 18:16 CET

Rustad ended on the same points as Thed Björk. The rules say that when drivers end up on the same points, the final race of the year decides it.
"It came to what we feared ahead of the race, the crash with Dahlgren at Knutstorp decided the title for my part," said Björk.

Björk disappeared in the first corner after a crash with Richard Göransson. In fact, all four BMW drivers of Flash Engineering and WestCoast Racing ended up in the gravel trap in the first corner of the first lap.

Björk and Göransson came together at the exit of the first corner, resulting in Göransson spinning on to the grass, coming back on to the track and hitting Björk. Both cars ended in the gravel with terminal damage to the cars.

Instead Robert Dahlgren, Mattias Andersson, Pontus Mörth and Tomas Engström took over the show. Dahlgren charged quickly up in to the lead and was untouchable. The Volvo drivers finished two seconds clear of Andersson.

Engström, who held pole position, fell down to third ahead of Mörth.

Rustad had a scary moment mid way in to the race as he was over taken by Roger Eriksson. The Volvo driver fell down to sixth at that point which meant that he would be second in the championship.

But Rustad was able to fight back and finished fifth, just enough for the title.

Robin Rudholm was able to return after the first corner incident to finish sixth ahead of Eriksson.

Fredrik Ekblom, Patrik Olsson and Johan Kristoffersson rounded off top ten.

Afbeelding
eddy3
4th Gear member

Fantastisch nieuws!Dit zal deugd doen,hebben er hard voor gewerkt.Proficiat aan Polestar en Volvo!!
Grtn Eddy
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Volvo Racing Nieuws”