Zweedse prins racet Volvo Polestar

In deze rubriek praat je over alles wat met de Volvo Oceanrace, circuitracen en Volvo's te maken heeft.
Plaats reactie
Ben
Executive Member
Contacteer:

Prince Carl Philip Bernadotte makes his STCC debut on the 4th of May at Ring Knutstorp in Sweden for Volvo Polestar Racing. The Prince has completed three test days abroad as a first step in the driver development plan with the team.
"It has been three very good and useful test days for me in both dry and wet conditions," said Prince Carl Philip.

Prince Carl Philip drove over 300 laps on two different circuits in Italy in a car with similar basic parameters as the Volvo he is going to race with in the STCC.
"Although the test car is a bit different to the Volvo I am going to race, I have gotten a good feeling for the car type and many well-needed kilometers. I especially like the power and directness of the car, you can place it right where you want it on the track," said Prince Carl Philip.

Present during the test days were Polestar Racing engineers Jan Andersson and Mattias Evensson, where the latter is going to work with Prince Carl Philip during the race weekends this season.
"Keeping Prince Carl Philip's limited experience of racing in mind, he has done a solid job during the test days and we are inspired by his focus and seriousness to the task," said Mattias Evensson, Engineer of Polestar Racing.

Price Carl Philip has previously raced in support classes to the STCC and faces a new challenge this year where he is going to face multiple Swedish champions with wast experience of international racing.
"The Prince is well aware of the challenge he faces. Our cooperation with him spans over several years and we have started a driver development work which is going to take time. The first year is about the basics where we are going to work a lot on driving technique and car setup. Year two and three will be more about looking at expectations and performance," said Jan Andersson, Engineer of Polestar Racing.

Other than circuit testing, Prince Carl Philip has also started a training program with team mate and experienced Volvo Polestar Racing driver Robert Dahlgren.
"We have set up a program for physical and mental training, a part just as important as the actual driving for a racing driver," said Robert Dahlgren, who spends 10 hours training per week.

The next run for Prince Carl Philip is going to be during the official STCC test days in April where he is going to get his first real test with his Volvo S60.
"It is going to be fun and I am looking forward to it. I have the biggest challenge of my life ahead of me, I am going to do my very best and I am excited ahead of the season," said Prince Carl Philip.
Volvohistorie: 244-245-440-850-V70-V70-S60-XC70-XC70-245-S70-V70
Volvoman
7th Gear member
Contacteer:

Inmiddels loopt het seizoen op z'n eind:

VOLVO WINT!!

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2013/09/ ... tcc-title/
Bert-Jan Nijhuis
VOLVO V60 T5 Inscription Pebble Grey MY2019
VOLVO MODEL CARS op Facebook en Instagram
Plaats reactie

Terug naar “Volvo Racing Nieuws”